What is an essential oil?
Have you ever stopped to smell the roses? If you have then you’ve already experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. They are the natural extracts from plants that are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. When my daughter peels an orange and squirts her brother in the eye with mist, that beautiful smell from the mist is the essential oil.
Essential oils are what give plants their distinctive smells, protect the plants and play a role in pollination. Essential oils have been used for centuries for their fragrance and therapeutic benefits.
How can essential oils help you?
Essential oils help boost your immune system, support your cells and allow your body to function at an optimal level. A level that gives your body the defenses to fight off unwelcome toxins and environmental threats. Each oil is comprised of 1000’s of different complex compounds which all have a unique chemistry that works with our bodies to create a synergistic effect that promotes healing and balance.
Here’s where it gets interesting! The nature of an essential oil varies from plant to plant, within botanical families, and from species to species. The delicate ratio of aromatic constituents found in any given essential oil are what make it unique and give it specific benefits. Even with pure essential oils the composition of the oil can vary depending on the time of day, season, geographic location, method and duration of distillation, year grown, and the weather.
This makes every step of the production process a critical determinant of the overall quality of the essential oil product.
Which leads into why I LOVE doTERRA essential oils. I used other oils before doTERRA and nothing compared. Trust me, I was the ultimate skeptic. Hands down, there is no competition.
We are the largest essential oil company in the world because people have quickly learned that our oils are the most pure and the most effective.
What makes doTERRA different?
- We have the most extensive testing on the market. The essential oil market is unregulated. That means anyone can slap on a label that says “100% pure essential oil” and sell it to unsuspecting consumers. We created THE standard for testing in our industry since there was none.
- 85% of our oils are exclusive to doTERRA. We have exclusive contracts with our growers all around the world. This means no one else has the quality or sustainability that we have.
- We harvest our oils all around the world where the oils have their highest therapeutic value. Just like you’d prefer an orange from Florida instead of Idaho, I’m sure you’d choose Lavender from France over Lavender from Utah.
- We work with our growers through a co-impact sourcing initiative we created. Through our non-profit company Healing Hands, we provide these communities with fair and on time wages, hospitals, schools, clean water, education, and a variety of other resources to make sure they are thriving and have a sustainable business for decades to come.
- We have transparency! Check out sourcetoyou.com to see where your oils come from and see the testing results on your oil.
Before you rush off to order from your favorite spots (yes, I know what you’re thinking), please listen. No one, including doTERRA is authorized to sell on Amazon or Ebay. In fact, if they do their account is suspended. What does that mean? It means that if you order from Amazon or another place other than directly through doTERRA you will most likely be getting an oil that is tampered with. Beware. It is not worth saving $2 to chance the quality you are receiving.
Let me help you get the best prices AND show you how to join my thriving oil community. A place where there is no pressure to buy more. A place where there is only education and like minded, natural people sharing their stories and what works for them.
Are you ready to try your own essential oils? Want to know what oils I recommend? I’m here to help!
If you have a specific need, email me and we can discuss an oil to help. Nine times out of 10 there is an oil for that!
There are so many awesome starter kits that take the guesswork out of ordering and give you a solid foundation for transforming your health.
I’d love to help educate and mentor you on your oil journey.